The annual Discover Pink Walk raises funds for early detection exams for low income and un- and underinsured women. It also helps support our breast cancer support groups along with our extensive library and resources.
The walk creates community awareness of the importance of early detection, the high rates of breast cancer occurrences in Marion and Polk Counties and the vital service that YWCA Salem provides to the residents of these two counties. To learn more about the YWCA’s Women’s Health Center, click here or call us at 503-581-9922.
This year’s event was held on Sunday, Sept. 30th at the Salem Conference Center. It was a perfect success thanks to all the volunteers, donors, and sponsors. More than 1,000 walkers in pink raised awareness about breast cancer and raised over $20,000 to provide local women with life-saving mammograms and clinical breast exams. (see below for photos) P.S. Save the date for next year: Sunday, September 29th!
Even though the event is over, the generosity of the community carries on. Here’s just a few of the things happening locally that are supporting the YWCA Women’s Health Program. Many thanks to these amazing businesses!
The Human Bean Coffee for a Cure -Friday, October 19
- Thanks Julie and the Human Bean crew!! In one day they raised over $1,600 for the YWCA. That’s almost 30 mammograms! WOW!
- Visit the Human Bean at 4651 Commercial St SE
Gallagher’s Fitness Resources - Month of October
- Visit Gallagher’s at 135 Commercial St NE
- Click here for Gallagher’s Fitness Resources flyer
Pink Ribbon Farms - Month of October
- Visit Pink Ribbon Farms at 10953 Silverton Road NE
- Click here for Pink Ribbon Farms flyer
Think Pink Halloween Party - Saturday, October 27
- Visit 3301 Ultra Lounge at the Red Lion Hotel at 3301 Market St NE
- Click here for Think Pink Halloween Party at Red Lion flyer
Other Good Stuff…
- Pink Wings founder Courtney Zinser will donate 20% from your order to YWCA Salem! Put ‘Discover Pink 20′ in the order comments at check out. She has the most amazing assortment of stuff! www.pinkwings.com
- J.C. Penney’s stores are donating free haircuts to Breast Cancer Survivors in October.
- Curves Keizer is raising funds during October for the YWCA Women’s Health Program. Thanks Shirlie Shelton and everyone at Curves!
Click Here to View: Walk Photos
Thank You to our generous event sponsors. We couldn’t have done this without you!
Want to see your name associated with this great event and promoted to 1,000′s of local people next year? Contact Wendy Laudette at YWCA Salem for more information: email@example.com or 503-581-9922 x314.